5 Reasons Why We Do What We Do
- The annual cost of autism therapies and treatments can exceed $40,000 to $80,000 per year. The lifetime cost to support an individual with autism is greater than $3.2 million.
- The majority of autism treatment options are NOT covered by insurance.
- Some estimates indicate that the rate of underemployment among adults with autism exceeds 90%.
- Autism impacts families. 70% to 80% of parents with a child with autism will get divorced.
- Children who are autistic grow into adults who are autistic. The greatest fear of parents of a child with autism is “who will care for my child (or children) when I am gone?”
Source: Autism Action Partnership
** Summer can be tough for people with autism without a consistent school or therapy schedule!
Please donate to support summer therapy and medical needs. Thank you!