by Amy Dionne | Oct 26, 2018 | adults with autism, Angels, Blog, Data, Featured Story, In the News, Parenting, Support
Proud of our friends at Aspire Accessories! Their program looks to give this population transferrable business skills by teaching light manufacturing, retail and customer service. Many people with autism are lower-mid functioning and true independent employment is not possible so thinking the statistics are even grimmer than reported.
Read the Houston Chronicle’s full article here.
by Amy Dionne | Oct 13, 2018 | Angels, Blog, Data, In the News, Support
Since August 26, 2017:
- 729 emails answered
- 574 phone calls returned
- 468 Facebook messages
- 23 families (we met in parking lots to hand off therapy supplies and funds when mail was unreliable those first few weeks after the storm hit)
In total, Autism Rescue Angels has granted funds, medical equipment, and therapy supplies to 126 autism families since Harvey hit 13 months ago.
What a journey! Thank you to ALL who have been part of these efforts. We could not have done any of this without your support!
Our prayers are now with all families trying to put their lives back together in Florida.
by Amy Dionne | Jun 20, 2018 | Angels, Blog, Data, Support
5 Reasons Why We Do What We Do
- The annual cost of autism therapies and treatments can exceed $40,000 to $80,000 per year. The lifetime cost to support an individual with autism is greater than $3.2 million.
- The majority of autism treatment options are NOT covered by insurance.
- Some estimates indicate that the rate of underemployment among adults with autism exceeds 90%.
- Autism impacts families. 70% to 80% of parents with a child with autism will get divorced.
- Children who are autistic grow into adults who are autistic. The greatest fear of parents of a child with autism is “who will care for my child (or children) when I am gone?”
Source: Autism Action Partnership
** Summer can be tough for people with autism without a consistent school or therapy schedule!
Please donate to support summer therapy and medical needs. Thank you!
by Amy Dionne | Jun 5, 2018 | Data